Learn how to self-inspect your inflatable lifejacket
Attend one of our free clinics to learn how to service and maintain your lifejacket, so you can stay safe on the water.
Inflatable lifejackets are easy to wear and comfortable but require proper maintenance to keep you afloat in an emergency.
If you own a lifejacket in Victoria, you should self-inspect it once a year and have it fully serviced by an accredited service agent every 3 to 5 years (in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications).
About the clinics
Maritime Safety Victoria (MSV) Boating Safety Education Officers will guide you through the process of inspecting your jacket, leaving you with all the knowledge you need to complete your annual self-inspections.
Attendees will receive a $30 voucher from a local retailer to go towards a new lifejacket, lifejacket service kit, or other safety equipment as mandated by Victoria’s Marine Safety Regulations 2012.
Clinics will be delivered under MSV’s COVIDSafe Plan and density limits. COVIDSafe event checklists will be published below ahead of each series of clinics.
Book a ticket
Numbers are limited and the clinics will be ticketed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Don't forget to bring your inflatable lifejacket to the clinic!
Browse all available 2021 FloatSafe clinics on Eventbrite and secure your free ticket, or book via the individual event links below.
Sunday, 17 January
Wednesday, 17 February
Saturday, 30 January
Saturday, 20 February
Wednesday, 3 February
Saturday, 27 February
Saturday, 6 February
Friday, 12 March
COVIDSafe event checklists
Terms and conditions
- Please arrive five to 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your event and present to the registration desk.
- Non-attendance, or late attendance will nullify your eligibility for the voucher used to promote the event.
- You must follow Victorian Government coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines and any other precautions put in place, or instructions given by staff, to ensure compliance with the event's COVIDSafe Plan.
- No children allowed in the event area.
- No pets allowed in the event area.
- No smoking, alcohol or food permitted in the event area.
- You may be refused entry if you do not bring an inflatable lifejacket with you.
- Vouchers are valid for 30 days following the event.
- Vouchers can only be used for lifejackets, lifejacket components, other safety equipment mandated by Victoria’s Marine Safety Regulations 2012, distress beacon (EPIRB/PLB) or CO detector.
- MSV reserves the right to refuse to admit and/or to issue vouchers to anyone who does not actively participate in the clinic or behaves inappropriately towards other participants or staff.
- Limit of one voucher per attendee.
- Should the clinic be cancelled due to severe weather, participants will be notified by email. No vouchers will be issued to ticket holders should the event be cancelled.