Learn how to self-inspect your inflatable lifejacket
Attend one of our free clinics to learn how to service and maintain your lifejacket, so you can stay safe on the water.
Inflatable lifejackets are easy to wear and comfortable but require proper maintenance to keep you afloat in an emergency.
If you own an inflatable lifejacket in Victoria, you should self-inspect it once a year and have it fully serviced by an accredited service agent in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications (generally every three to five years).
About the clinics
Maritime Safety Victoria (MSV) team members will guide you through the process of inspecting your jacket, giving you the knowledge you need to complete your annual self-inspections.
Attendees will receive a $30 voucher from a local retailer to go towards a new lifejacket, lifejacket service kit, or other safety equipment as mandated by Victoria’s Marine Safety Regulations 2012.
We'll add details including event times when available. Follow Maritime Safety Victoria on Facebook to see posts about event launches.
Be sure to bring your inflatable jacket with you, or you may not be able to take part.
FloatSafe Clinic and Boating Safety Seminar
Patterson River Launching Facility
|Tuesday/ Wednesday 20/21 December 2-8pm|
No Registration Required
Terms and conditions
1. A draw will be completed for those that complete our survey between Tues 2pm Wed 8pm. Prize will be a choice of a) Handheld VHF radio b) GPS enabled EPIRB c) Personal Locator Beacon
2. No registration required
3. Bring your own inflatable Lifejacket along
4. No pets allowed in the event area
5. No smoking, food or alcohol permitted in the event area
6. Vouchers will be provided to those participating in an inspection clinic demonstration
7. Vouchers can only be used for lifejackets, lifejacket components, distress beacons, CO detectors or other safety equipment required under the Marine Safety Regulations 2012
8. Limit of one voucher per attendee
9. Safe Transport Victoria reserves the right to refuse to admit and/or issue vouchers to anyone who does not actively participate in the demonstration or behaves inappropriately towards other participants or staff.